Barbara Ana's cross stitch designs are always playful and inventive. Fascinated by cats, she portrays a black cat with hypnotizing eyes and an oversized head. The cat is dressed in an elaborate costume, mixing a full skirt with geometric patterns, a blouse with puffy sleeves and a satin frock coat.
The character of the cat is standing under a branch of lemon tree forming like a protective arch. The slightly muted color palette is revived by the yellow of the lemons and the turquoise leaves, both illuminating the embroidery.
The design is available as a printed hardcopy pattern and comes bundled with everything needed to get started.
- Printed pattern
- 13 full skeins of DMC cotton embroidery floss
- 28ct Dirty Linen (14" x18")
- Size 26 tapestry needle
- Project zipper bag
- Needle minder
- Stitching area: 76 stitches wide x 108 stitches high
- Finished size: 6.00" x 8.00" on 32-count
- Thread: DMC
- Model was stitched on 28-count linen
- Types of stitches: Cross stitch