Celestial Orbs Quilt Pattern - Flying Parrot Quilts
Paper pieced stars in the centers combine with gentle curves to create a show-stopping quilt that makes accuracy easy! Solids combined with bright prints create a clean modern look, but this quilt would be equally lovely in an array of traditional fabrics. The design is inspired by the traditional Robbing Peter to Pay Paul quilt block.
The pattern includes 2 sizes, a 2x2 block mini quilt and a 5x5 block lap-sized quilt. This pattern assumes knowledge of basic paper piecing techniques. For a free downloadable tutorial visit www.flyingparrotquilts.com/tutorials. Previous experience with curved piecing is not necessary!
SIZING / FINISHED MEASUREMENTS
28½" x 28½" mini quilt 65" x 65" lap quilt
RECOMMENDED WITH THIS PATTERN
- Star point fabrics: ⅛ yard of 8 different fabrics, or 32 scraps 2"x5¼" (mini) | ⅛ yard of 5 fabrics in each of 8 colors (40 total), one 40-piece jelly roll, or 200 scraps 2"x5¼" (lap)
- White solid: ⅔ yard (mini) | 3½ yards (lap)
- Gray solid: ⅝ yard (mini) | 3¼ yards (lap)
- Backing: 1 yard (mini) | 4 yards (lap)
- Binding: ⅝ yard (mini) | ⅞ yard (lap)
- One sheet of template plastic
- Copies of the paper piecing templates
- Optional: Simple Curves tool by Phillips Fiber Arts