Frida Kahlo is a great source of inspiration for Barbara Ana who has created a number of needlework designs in tribute to the artist.
This particular cross stitch pattern is full of symbolism. It features a large mug, with the effigy of the artist, represented with kissed eyes, red cheeks and flowers woven in her hair. Over her white shirt, she wears a striking pendant in the shape of a black bird.
The piece was finished as a zipped pouch (instructions not included with the chart).
The design is available as a printed hardcopy pattern and comes bundled with everything needed to get started.
- Printed pattern
- 19 full skeins of DMC cotton embroidery floss
- 32ct Raw Linen Belfast (10" x18")
- Size 26 tapestry needle
- Project zipper bag
- Needle minder
- Stitching area: 48 stitches wide x 108 stitches high
- Finished size: 3.00" x 6.75" on 32-count
- Thread: DMC
- Model was stitched on 32-count linen
- Types of stitches: Cross stitch